Healthy Summer Drinks
Summertime -- when you're hot and thirsty -- is drinking time, whether your taste runs toalcoholicor nonalcoholic libations. Which drinks are the best in terms of sugar, salt, alcohol content, or empty calories -- and which can actually enhance your fun without ruining you diet or health?
And no, this does not limit you to water.
Naturally refreshing, coconut water has a sweet, nutty taste. It contains easily digested carbohydrate in the form of sugar andelectrolytes. Not to be confused with high-fat coconut milk or oil, coconut water is a clear liquid in the fruit’s center that is tapped from young, green coconuts. It has fewer calories, less sodium, and more potassium than a sports drink.Coconut water has less sugar than many sports drinks and much less sugar than sodas and some fruit juices. Plain coconut water could be a better choice for adults and kids looking for a beverage that is less sweet.
There are some health benefits to consuming coconut water. It’s an all-natural way to hydrate, reduce sodium, and add potassium to diets. For people don’t get enough potassium in their diets because they don’t eat enough fruits, vegetables, or dairy, so coconut water can help fill in the nutritional gaps.
Older news items:
- 13 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water Every Morning - 06/04/1396 04:45
- 25 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TRAVELING IN VIETNAM - 06/04/1396 04:43
- Five of the best summer cocktails - 26/06/1394 08:24
- How to make cocktails: follow these 10 golden rules - 26/06/1394 08:17
- Fruit juice should not be part of your five a day, says government adviser - 26/06/1394 08:14